Glider Flying at Seighford
Have you ever wanted to fly like a bird? Well, gliding is the closest you can get to realising that dream and we offer four ways for you to try it.
1. Half-day course consisting of 3 aerotow flights or an equivalent number of winch flights lasting a total of about one hour in the air.
2. Aerotow launch behind a light aircraft to over 2000’ for a flight lasting about 20 minutes.
3. Winch launch for a flight lasting about 5 minutes. Climbing steeply to about 1000 feet in 30 seconds.
4. “taster session” for groups. We can provide 10-15 of you with a flight on a Wednesday evening in the summer months.
- To promote and encourage in those of all ages, a practical interest in gliding and to provide an opportunity to participate in this exhilarating and satisfying sport.
- To promote and encourage participation in gliding, by junior, local community and student members.
- To provide an opportunity for qualified glider pilots of all standards to improve their experience and skills, under the guidance of highly experienced instructors and competition pilots.
- To foster an environment that encourages teamwork, mutual support and co-operation among its members.
- To promote a positive public image and to work in harmony with the local community and authorities to provide a leisure facility that will be of benefit to all local residents.
- Above all, to provide the safest and most enjoyable gliding and flying opportunities.